National Yearbook Week: Make your best book yet with eye-catching photography
Written by Alec Aguirre
An eye-catching photo is the easiest way to draw your reader into a story within your yearbook. Capturing the perfect picture takes skill, but with advanced technology in the palm of our hands, everyone can be confident in their abilities.
Take advantage of our variety of resources to improve the areas your yearbook staff loves — taking photos.
Amazing photo resources
What makes a picture stand out? Take a look at the amazing images in 101+ Great Yearbook Photos That Captured Our Attention and Why, and find inspiration to create an award-winning photo. Want 100 more? We also have our 100+ Great Yearbook Photos eBook.
- The perfect photo opportunity can happen at any time! Your yearbook staffers are walking around every day with a state-of-the-art digital camera right in their pocket – their smartphones. In the eBook Using Your Smartphone to Capture Great Photos, learn how your staff can start using their smartphones and a few simple apps to take yearbook-quality pictures.
- See all the winners of the 2022 Photo Contest in our Photo Contest gallery. These photos exhibit truly exceptional skill.
- The more photos, the better! Crowdsource photos from your school community using Yearbook Snap. This app allows students, parents and others in your school community to take photos and quickly submit them
- The Digital Photography Schoolis an amazing online resource that has an answer to just about any photography question you may have! Browse their website for inspiration and tips.
- Need even more help? We have countless blogs, webinars, podcasts and more on our website at com. Just use the search bar in the upper right-hand corner and look for your topic.
If we don’t have the answer to your questions, let us know! We are more than happy to help you up your photography game.