2021 NSPA Pacemaker Finalists Include 24 Walsworth Schools
Written by Jenica Hallman, CJE
The 2021 yearbooks from 24 Walsworth Yearbooks schools were among the high school and middle school books announced as 2021 Pacemaker Finalists by the National Scholastic Press Association Thursday.
The following 2021 yearbooks that are Walsworth schools were named as NSPA Pacemaker Finalists:
- Apollo, Colonial Forge High School, Stafford, Virginia
- El Corazón, El Camino Real Charter High School, Woodland Hills, California
- Fusion, Hagerty High School, Oviedo, Florida
- Hauberk, Shawnee Mission East High School, Prairie Village, Kansas
- Horizon, Blue Valley Northwest High School, Overland Park, Kansas
- Indian, Shawnee Mission North High School, Overland Park, Kansas
- Lair, Drake Middle School, Arvada, Colorado
- Lair, Shawnee Mission Northwest High School, Shawnee, Kansas
- Ledoian, Aledo High School, Aledo, Texas
- Legend, William R. Boone High School, Orlando, Florida
- Odyssey, University High School, Orange City, Florida
- Oro, Cactus Canyon Junior High School, Apache Junction, Arizona
- Oviedian, Oviedo High School, Oviedo, Florida
- Panther, H.B. Plant High School, Tampa, Florida
- Raider, Gulliver Preparatory Middle School, Coral Gables, Florida
- Raider, Gulliver Preparatory Upper School, Pinecrest, Florida
- Sigma, Eastern Lebanon County High School, Myerstown, Pennsylvania
- The Arena, Legacy High School, Mansfield, Texas
- The Lion, McKinney High School, McKinney, Texas
- The Stampede, J.W. Mitchell High School, Trinity, Florida
- The Round-Up, Woodland Junior High School, Fayetteville, Arkansas
- The Torch, Athens Drive Magnet High School, Raleigh, North Carolina
Additionally, the following new Walsworth customers for 2022 were named Pacemaker Finalists for their 2021 book:
- Marquee, Alexander W. Dreyfoos School of the Arts, West Palm Beach, Florida
- Genesis, Rock Ridge High School, Ashburn, Virginia.
Pacemaker award winners will be announced during the JEA/NSPA Spring National High School Journalism Convention in April.
According to NSPA, teams of professionals judge the yearbooks using several criteria, including coverage and content, quality of writing and reporting, leadership, design, photography and graphics. The contest is open to any NSPA member publication.
The entire list of Pacemaker Finalists can be found at the NSPA website.