Photo by: Zoe Yim
Walworth Prints 92% of Cornhusker Award Winners
Written by Alec Aguirre
Last week, the Nebraska High School Press Association (NHSPA), awarded 13 yearbooks the Cornhusker Award, which is the state’s top publication award. Out of those 13 yearbook winners, 12 were Walsworth customers!
The Cornhusker award winners are “chosen by independent publication judges after judging all submitting publications within a specific classification system. They are the cream of the crop. They are the best of the best,” according to the NHSPA website.
Walsworth Yearbooks sales representative Greg Adams was excited to celebrate the accomplishments of these schools.
“This is a major accomplishment in the yearbook world for Nebraska schools. It is the pinnacle that they all chase after. Congratulations to all the Cornhusker award winners on a job very well done!” Adams said.
We’re excited to recognize the Walsworth schools that were awarded the Cornhusker. Congratulations to these winning yearbook staffs:
- Elkhorn High School – The Antler, Elkhorn, Nebraska
- Elkhorn North – The Notus, Omaha, Nebraska
- Elkhorn South – The Imprint, Omaha, Nebraska
- Fairbury High School – The Trail, Fairbury, Nebraska
- Lexington High School – The Minuteman, Lexington, Nebraska
- Lincoln Southwest High School – The Talon, Lincoln, Nebraska
- Marian High School – The Crusader, Omaha, Nebraska
- Millard North High School – The Stampede, Omaha, Nebraska
- Millard West High School – The Prowler, Omaha, Nebraska
- Papillion-La Vista South High School – The Monarch, Papillion, Nebraska
- Pius X High School – The Thunderer, Lincoln, Nebraska
- Yutan High School – The Chieftain, Yutan, Nebraska
“It is an honor to work with students and advisers who work hard to continuously improve their programs and strive for a cornhusker. I am proud to be part of their team,” Walsworth Yearbooks sales representative Cassi Helleberg said.
After moving to Nebraska this year from another Walsworth territory, Walsworth Sales representative Kris Hemry immediately noticed the caliber of the schools and journalism programs.
“As the newest member of Walsworth’s Nebraska team, I have been incredibly impressed with the quality of scholastic journalism across the state. The fact that so many of these Cornhusker award-winning books choose Walsworth is an inspiration to help them reach their goals year after year,” Hemry said.
We are so proud of these staffs, and we can’t wait to see how they build on their success moving forward! If you are interested in elevating your yearbook this school year, we have the Training Resources to assist you every step of the way. We also have our Yearbook Suite curriculum to focus on each aspect throughout your book. Inspiration can come from anywhere, and we encourage your yearbook staff to check out our Showcase Gallery to find designs that you can create into your own.
To see a full list of winners, including newspaper, online and broadcast award winners, visit the NHSPA website here.