Walsworth’s 2021 Photo Contest Starts Next Week
Written by Aimee Parsons
Updated by Walsworth Yearbooks.
This year’s Photo Contest begins on Monday, March 1, and ends on Friday, April 9, 2021.
Over the next month, yearbook photographers across the country will have their chance to win one of eight $150 Visa® gift cards (and bragging rights, of course) with their photos featured in Walsworth’s Design Showcase.
Entries into this year’s contest can be uploaded at our 2021 Photo Contest page.
This year’s categories are the following:
- NEW! Life during the Pandemic– An unprecedented year leads to unique photo opportunities. Show us what life during the pandemic has been like for the students at your school.
- NEW! School and Community Involvement – Show us how your students are involved in the community through clubs, organizations or activities by capturing what they do and why.
- NEW! Performing Arts– Music, dance, drama and more! Capture the vibrant spirit and creativity of performing arts at your school.
- Academics – In school, hybrid or virtual, show us learning in progress.
- Sports Action & Reaction – Capture athletes in action or focus on the fan or athletes’ reactions to an emotional moment. We want to see great action shots and school pride on the sidelines, in the stands, at practice or on the field.
- Feature/Portrait – Show what a person is feeling or a bit of their personality using their face and emotion as the focus.
- Junior High/Middle School – We’re looking for the best photos of any genre taken by a junior high or middle school student.
- Yearbook Life – Show us yearbookers in action. Staffers doing the everyday duties of yearbook life inside and outside of the classroom — interviews in progress, photographers taking pictures, advisers teaching and even what’s happening on deadline days!
One winner and several Honorable Mentions will be chosen in each category. Any student who is chosen as a winner or Honorable Mention in more than one category will also be the recipient of a Portfolio award.
All entries will be judged by a committee, based on the basic rules of photography, overall quality and creativity/originality.
Winners in this year’s contest will be notified by May 3, 2021.