Seven Walsworth yearbooks place in Best of Show at Minneapolis JEA/NSPA
Written by Marketing Staff
Kansas City, Mo. (Nov. 21, 2011) – Yearbooks from seven Walsworth schools placed in the Best of Show contest this past weekend at the JEA/NSPA Spring National High School Journalism Convention in Minneapolis.
Wings from Arrowhead Christian Academy in Redlands, Calif., placed first and The Ayrie from Liberty North High School in Liberty, Mo., placed second in the 224 or Fewer Pages category.
Three Walsworth yearbooks placed in the 325+ Pages category, including Hauberk from Shawnee Mission East High School in Prairie Village, Kan. (3rd); Lair from Shawnee Mission Northwest High School in Shawnee, Kan. (7th); and Pinnacle from Carmel High School in Carmel, Ind. (8th).
Other Walsworth yearbooks that placed in the Best of Show included: Cambia from Oak Park High School in Kansas City, Mo. (8th – 225-274 pages); and Arrow from Warrensburg High School in Warrensburg, Mo. (10th – 224 or Fewer).
The full list of Best of Show winners can be found below:
Yearbook 224 or Fewer Pages
1. Wings, Arrowhead Christian Academy, Redlands, Calif.
Cameron Wilson, Joanna Sowell, editors
Crystal Kazmierski, adviser
2. The Ayrie, Liberty North HS, Liberty, Mo.
Brennan Canuteson, editor
Ronna Sparks-Woodward, adviser
3. Crusader, Kapaun Mount Carmel HS, Wichita, Kan.
Michael Huff, editor
Ashley Perkins, adviser
4. Stetson, Liberal Arts and Science Academy, Austin, Texas
Laurean Germain, Alec Herskowitz, Malcom Gibbs, editors
Janet Elbom, adviser
5. The Dragon, Johnston HS, Johnston, Iowa
Monica Sehic, editor
Leslie Shipp, adviser
6. Paragon, Munster HS, Munster, Ind.
Parina Maniar, editor
Becky Hoyle, adviser
7. Echoes, Wichita HS East, Wichita, Kan.
Tyler Malter, Hannah Smith, editors
Sharon Martin, adviser
8. Brecksonian, Breckenridge HS, Breckenridge, Mich.
Jacob Bush, editor
Dawn M Landis, adviser
9. Woodman, Greenwood Community HS, Greenwood, Ind.
Elizabeth Smith, editor
Denise Roberts, adviser
10. Arrow, Warrensburg HS, Warrensburg, Mo.
Austin Griffis, editor
Julie Lewis, adviser
Yearbook 225-274 Pages
1. Log, Columbus North HS, Columbus, Ind.
Grace Yonushonis, Lizzy Vogel, editors
Kim Green, adviser
2. Details, Whitney HS, Rocklin, Calif.
Lauren Roudebush, editor
Sarah Nichols, adviser
3. The Lion, McKinney HS, McKinney, Texas
4. Westwind, West Henderson HS, Hendersonville, N.C.
Lydia McCall, Carly Owenby, Krista Van Giesen, editors
Brenda W. Gorsuch, adviser
5. Teresian, St. Teresa’s Academy, Kansas City, Mo.
Colleen Corcoran, Elle Rauch, editors
Eric Thomas, adviser
6. The Black and Gold, Rock Canyon HS, Highlands Ranch, Colo.
Jackie Marthouse, Lauren Packer, Brianna Vail, editors
Kristi Rathbun, adviser
7. The JAG, Mill Valley HS, Shawnee, Kan.
Aleksandra Milewski, Miranda Wagner, editors
Kathy Hill Habiger, adviser
8. Cambia, Oak Park HS, Kansas City, Mo.
Derek Byrne, editor
Christina Geabhart, adviser
9. Chevalier, Topeka West HS, Topeka, Kan.
Spencer Gustin, Shelbi Markham, editors
Kristy Dekat, adviser
10. Thunderbolt, Todd Beamer HS, Federal Way, Wash.
Minji Kim, editor
Stuart Prince, adviser
Yearbook 275-324 Pages
1. Wingspan, James C. Enochs HS, Modesto, Calif.
Gilbert Ruiz-Ortega, Matt Iles, Bekah Burroughs, editors
Tamra McCarthy, adviser
2. Techniques, Thomas Jefferson HS for Science & Technology, Alexandria, Va.
Stephanie Colen, Esha Maharishi, editors
Erinn Harris, adviser
3. Excalibur, Francis Howell North HS, St. Charles, Mo.
Melissa Shannon, Ashlee Schneider, editors
Aaron Manfull, adviser
4. Tiger Paw, Oakville Sr. HS, St. Louis, Mo.
Kris Webb, Kailyn Slama, editors
Jeff Kuchno, adviser
5. The Trail, Norman HS, Norman, Okla.
Emma Weaver, editor
Heather Brumley, adviser
6. Shield, Thomas Downey HS, Modesto, Calif.
Alyssa Rowe, Brittanie Turner, editors
Heather Jacquemin/Rene Guevara, advisers
7. Lion’s Roar, Christ Presbyterian Academy, Nashville, Tenn.
Anna Cantwell, Lizzy Orr, editors
Heather Nagel/Deanne Carroll, advisers
8. The Clan, McLean HS, McLean, Va.
Farah Albani, Caitlin Kirby, Maggie Nash, Yasmine Panah, editors
Meghan Percival, adviser
9. Howelltonian, Francis Howell HS, St. Charles, Mo.
Alison Dunaway, editor
Michele Dunaway, adviser
10. Belltower, St. Thomas’ Episcopal School, Houston, Texas
Ryan Herrscher, Jenny Pearsall, editors
David Graves, adviser
Yearbook 325 or More Pages
1. Indian, Shawnee Mission North HS, Overland Park, Kan.
Alexis Reid, Annie Basham, editors
Becky Tate, adviser
2. The Carillon, Bellarmine College Preparatory School, San Jose, Calif.
Andrew Valencia, Graham Beck, editors
Dmitri Conom, adviser
3. Hauberk, Shawnee Mission East HS, Prairie Village, Kan.
Hannah Walter, editor
Dow Tate, adviser
4. Hornet, Bryant HS, Bryant, Ark.
Emily Pilcher, Kari Henderson, Grace Oxley, Jasmine Av, editors
Margaret Sorrows, adviser
5. Crimson, duPont Manual HS, Louisville, Ky.
Alex Poynter, Josh Beal, Melina Bishop, editors
Elizabeth Palmer, adviser
6. The Guardian, Westfield HS, Chantilly, Va.
Megan McNulty, editor
Anthony Whitten, adviser
7. Lair, Shawnee Mission Northwest HS, Shawnee, Kan.
Lauren Minick, editor
Susan Massy, adviser
8. Pinnacle, Carmel HS, Carmel, Ind.
Andrea Biel, Alexandra Elliott, editors
Nicole Wilson, adviser
9. El Paisano, Westlake HS, Austin, Texas
Walter Bezanson, Masha Romanova, editors
Cindy Todd, adviser
10. Odyssey, Chantilly HS, Chantilly, Va.
Jennifer Urban, editor
Mary Kay Downes, adviser
Comments are closed.