Loyola Marymount wins College Gold Crown
Written by Marketing Staff
Overland Park, Kan. (March 17, 2014) – The 2013 The Tower yearbook from Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, Calif., was named a Gold Crown winner by the Columbia Scholastic Press Association (CSPA) this past weekend at the College Media Convention in New York.
The Tower was printed by Walsworth, and was one of four 2013 college yearbooks to receive Gold Crowns. Another 2013 yearbook printed by Walsworth, Cactus from the University of Texas in Austin, Texas, received a Silver Crown.
Each year, the Crown Awards are among the nation’s highest honors for collegiate journalism. This year’s publications were judged on writing/editing, design, content, concept, photography, art and graphics.
Here is the full list of College Crown winners:
Gold Crown –
- Ibis, University of Miami, Coral Gables, Fla.
- Sooner, University of Oklahoma, Norman, Okla.
- Talisman, Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, Ky.
- The Tower, Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, Calif.
Silver Crown –
- Bugle, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Va.
- Cactus, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas
- Razorback, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Ark.