Eight Walsworth schools place in the Best of Show contest at JEA/NSPA
Written by Marketing Staff
Kansas City, Mo. (April 19, 2010) – Yearbooks from eight Walsworth schools placed in the Best of Show contest this past weekend at the JEA/NSPA Spring National High School Journalism Convention in Portland.
First place honors went to Lair from Shawnee Mission Northwest High School in Shawnee, Kan., in the Yearbook 325+ pages category, as well as to Hoofbeats from Burges High School in El Paso, Texas in the Yearbook 1-224 category.
Wings from Arrowhead Christian Academy in Redlands, Calif., took second place in the 225-274 category, and the Hauberk from Shawnee Mission East High School in Prairie Village, Kan., finished second in 325+.
Other Walsworth yearbooks to place in the Best of Show included: Tenas Coma from Mount Si High School in Snoqualmie, Wash. (5th – 225-274); Nugget from Cupertino High School in Cupertino, Calif. (6th – 1-224); Cambia from Oak Park High School in Kansas City, Mo. (7th – 225-274); and Pinnacle from Carmel High School in Carmel, Ind. (8th – 325+).
The full list of Best of Show winners can be found below:
1. Hoofbeats, Burges High School, El Paso, Texas
Alex Uribe, editor
Patricia Monroe, adviser
2. Logue, NorthWood High School, Nappanee, Ind.
Tyler Sanders, Kathleen Gessinger, editors
Robin Bilinski, adviser
3. Rough Rider, Saginaw High School, Saginaw, Texas
Evelyn Gaucin, editor
Cathy Bradshaw, adviser
4. Leopard, Lovejoy High School, Lucas, Texas
Natalie Malliet, Anjali Sethi, Ellie Tober, editors
Brett Hankey, adviser
5. Nexus, Inland Lakes High School, Indian River, Mich.
Emily Jones, editor
Tim Morley, adviser
6. Nugget, Cupertino High School, Cupertino, Calif.
Alice Chin, Terrance Tang, editors
Leslie Robledo, adviser
7. Trojan Epic, Andover High School, Andover, Kan.
Katherine DeWitt, editor
Jodi Strickler, adviser
8. The Myth, Cesar Chavez High School, Stockton, Calif.
Vanessa Altamirano, editor
Anita Marie Wertz, adviser
1. Log, Columbus North High School, Columbus, Ind.
Lauren Kastner, Maggie Kim, editors
Kimberly (Kim) Green, adviser
2. Wings, Arrowhead Christian Academy, Redlands, Calif.
Christine Smith, editor
Crystal Kazmierski, adviser
3. The Lion, McKinney High School, McKinney, Texas
Thor Lund, Madelyn Wilson, Areli Mendoza, Haley Hickman, Emily Judd, editors
Lori Oglesbee, adviser
4. La Vista, Mountain View High School, Mesa, Ariz.
Laura Richgels, editor
Landon Wrather, adviser
5. Tenas Coma, Mount Si High School, Snoqualmie, Wash.
Caylene Castagno, editor
Susan Fergueson, adviser
6. The Edge, Glacier Peak High School, Snohomish, Wash.
Chelsea Cuykendall, editor
Annie Stone, adviser
7. Cambia, Oak Park High School, Kansas City, Mo.
Mallory Wiegers, editor
Christina Geabhart, adviser
1. Rampages, Casa Roble High School, Orangevale, Calif.
Erica Lamaar, Becca Moore, Kenny Teeter, editors
Dan Austin, adviser
2. Equus, Dobson High School, Mesa, Ariz.
Taylor Lineburger, editor
Micki Remos, adviser
3. The Valkyrie, Pleasant Valley High School, Chico, Calif.
Robyn Kramer, editor
Cindy Hopkins, adviser
4. Wingspan, James C. Enochs High School, Modesto, Calif.
Paige Hermreck, editor
Tamra McCarthy, adviser
5. Lion’s Roar, Christ Presbyterian Academy, Nashville, Tenn.
Amisha Goetz, Claire Douglass, editors
Heather Nagel/Deanne Carroll, advisers
6. Valhalla, Lynbrook High School, San Jose, Calif.
Trisha Chiou, editor
Jim Schussler/Nancy Belmont, adviser
7. Aurora, J.W. North High School, Riverside, Calif.
Mya Irons, editor
Keith Lloyd, adviser
1. Lair, Shawnee Mission Northwest High School, Shawnee, Kan.
Bailey Reimer, editor
Susan Massy, adviser
2. Hauberk, Shawnee Mission East High School, Prairie Village, Kan.
Alexandria Norton, Andrea Tudhope, editors
Dow Tate, adviser
3. El Paisano, Westlake High School, Austin, Texas
Sarah Wilbanks, editor
Cindy Todd, adviser
4. Etruscan, Glenbrook South High School, Glenview, Ill.
Anna Carlsen, Lindsay Roseman, editors
Brenda Field, adviser
5. Indian, Shawnee Mission North High School, Overland Park, Kan.
Kevin Moore, editor
Becky Tate, adviser
6. Paragon, Oakton High School, Vienna, Va.
Megan Baumgartner, Asli Durak, editors
Chad Rummel, adviser
7. Cayuse, Walnut High School, Walnut, Calif.
Arnold Chang, Michael Silvestre, editors
Rebecca Chai, adviser
8. Pinnacle, Carmel High School, Carmel, Ind.
Nate Woeste, Jen Cannady, editors
Nicole Wilson, adviser
9. Odyssey, Chantilly High School, Chantilly, Va.
Katie Urban, Trisha Cruz, Kaitlyn Cotter, editors
Mary Kay Downes, adviser
10. Hoofprint, San Dieguito Academy, Encinitas, Calif.
Nick Armstrong, editor
Carrie Land, adviser
Comments are closed.