So you decided to take your own portrait for this year’s yearbook?
That’s great! However, to keep everyone’s portraits somewhat consistent, there are some important guidelines to follow.
Keep the following tips in mind:
- Front facing or standing pose only – sit straight up
- Make sure the photo is from the chest up, no hands visible in the picture
- No deliberate, crazy facial expressions
- Stand in front of a blank, one-color wall
- Regular clothes – no costumes
- No writing on shirt
- No off-the-shoulder, spaghetti strap, tank, tube, low-cut, one-strap, halter or see-through tops
- No hats, visors, caps or head coverings of any kind
- No sunglasses
- No props or miscellaneous objects
- No additional people or pets in the photo, besides the student
Need any clarifications? Contact your school’s yearbook staff.