For these 12 days, Walsworth Yearbooks is giving… eBooks!
Written by Evan Blackwell, CJE
This holiday season, Walsworth has decided to celebrate by creating the 12 days of eBooks!
We’re pretty proud of all the helpful eBooks we’ve created, and we want to make sure you’re aware of them too. That’s why over 12 days this month, we’ll be putting the spotlight on 12 of our specific eBooks. Each one will get their own day on our social media channels.
Covering everything from grading to great photography to caption writing to marketing, our eBooks are a valuable resource for every yearbook adviser.
The 12 Days of eBooks celebration will feature the following eBooks:
- Sooo… How am I Supposed to Grade a Yearbook Class? – Grading a yearbook class is tough. It’s different from a traditional classroom, and there are a lot of moving parts. This eBook will help by outlining different yearbook grading methods.
- Why I Love Yearbook – Have you stopped lately to ask why you love yearbooks? We asked yearbook advisers all over the country that question and we were amazed by the responses we received for this fun eBook.
- 12 Essential Tips for the New Yearbook Adviser – The job of a new yearbook adviser is a unique challenge, unlike any other in a school. We created this eBook with the hopes of making the transition into the job a little easier.
- Using Your Smartphone to Capture Great Photos – Your yearbook staffers might not even realize it, but many of them are walking around every day with a state-of-the-art digital camera right in their pocket – their smartphones. This eBook will show them how to start using it.
- Writing Yearbook Captions That Will Captivate – Photos are the most-seen element of any yearbook, which makes the blocks of text that accompany them – the captions – essentially the most important text written in the book. Learn the formulas and techniques behind good captions with this eBook.
- Our Best Advice: Lessons for the New Advisers from the Yearbook Experts – Created for new yearbook advisers, but also applicable to those who have been on the job for several years, this eBook covers everything from developing a core philosophy to staff management.
- 100+ Great Yearbook Photos that Captured Our Attention and Why – Beautiful, eye-catching photos are what makes a yearbook. Many students, teachers and parents will flip through the yearbook and notice the pictures before they read the copy. See some of our favorites in this eBook.
- Creative Ideas for Selling Your Yearbook – Marketing and selling your yearbook is important, which is why you can never have too many great ideas for boosting sales. Get loads of great ideas from other yearbook staffs in this eBook.
- Media Law and Ethics for Yearbook Journalists – Media law affects every student publication, even yearbooks. Yearbook staffers need to understand the legal implications of the material they publish and they can get started with this eBook.
- Administrators Guide to Hiring an Extraordinary Yearbook Adviser – Every school year, many administrators find themselves in a tough spot. They need a yearbook adviser for the upcoming year, but don’t know where to start. This eBook will guide them through the process.
- Becoming a Mentor – Advice is free, but it’s never cheap when it is given with care and received with enthusiasm. This eBook guides advisers through the process of becoming a mentor in Walsworth’s Adviser Mentor Program.
- Selecting Your Color Palette – How much does your staff think about the colors you use on your yearbook pages? Plenty of thought should go into it, considering how much color can influence mood, evoke emotion and attract attention. This eBook will teach your designers how to think about colors.