By Design with Online Design: Editing your index
Written by Elizabeth Braden, CJE
Online Design gives you a couple of ways to edit your index information as you are compiling it. Let’s look at how to edit in the Student Body area.
You can tag an image from either the Images tab or the Page Editor once a photo has been placed.
Images can only be tagged with names after your school’s portrait disk has been submitted to Walsworth and uploaded to your Online Design account.
1. In Student Body, click the Edit Index menu.
2. Use the spread selector on the left to find the spread you want to index.
3. To index one person or organization at a time, find them in the list of names. Click the check box next to the name and then click the Add to Page # Index button for the appropriate page.
4. At this point, you can locate a person or group quickly in one of two ways.
- Type in part of their name to narrow the list.
- Click the Start Auto Scan button. Auto Scan searches all text on the spread, looking only for two or more capitalized words in a row.
5. Review each result Auto Scan returns to determine if there are any name matches to accept for your index. If there are, click the appropriate Add to Page # Index button. If not, click Skip.
You can add and delete names and groups at any time in the Indexing palette.
- To add, click the Create Person or Create Organization button, and enter the information.
- To remove, find the name under the Page # Index window, click their check box and click the Remove from Page # Index button.
As always, when you are finished working with the Indexing palette, click Save.