Webinar: Share Your Story – Yearbook During COVID-19
Written by Sarah Scott
As the world faces an unprecedented situation, yearbook advisers and staffs are working to complete their books – a record of the year at their school. Walsworth Special Consultant Jim Jordan saw the work they’re doing, and was inspired to provide a platform for yearbookers to share the work they’re doing while COVID-19 affects our lives.
If you weren’t able to attend the live webinar, you can request a copy of the recording here. We encourage you to check out our other webinars at walsworthyearbooks.com/webinars. Jordan brought on advisers and staff members from schools around the country to share their stories and celebrate the work they’re doing.
- Michelle Shue, adviser, Davie County High School, Mocksville, North Carolina
- Lizz Daniels, adviser, Seguin High School, Seguin, Texas
- Reza Marvashti, adviser, Fauquier High School, Warrenton, Virginia
- Ashley Diaz, adviser, Americas High School, El Paso, Texas
- Daniel Ornales, adviser, El Paso High School, El Paso, Texas
- Anneliese Huenneke, editor, El Paso High School, El Paso, Texas
- Vanessa Martinez, adviser, El Dorado High School, El Paso, Texas
- Lia Rodriguez, Editor-in-chief, El Dorado High School, El Paso, Texas
- Kathy Beers, adviser, Timber Creek High School, Fort Worth, Texas
- Lauren Graham, Editor-in-chief, Timber Creek High School, Fort Worth, Texas
- Peyton Lea, Editor-in-chief, Timber Creek High School, Fort Worth, Texas
- Holly Nichols, adviser, Stony Point High School, Round Rock, Texas
- Erica King, adviser, Silver Creek High School, San Jose, California
- Kayanna Pham, editor, Silver Creek High School, San Jose, California
- Marta Charncherngkha, editor, Silver Creek High School, San Jose, California
- Rachael Rauch, adviser, Homestead High School, Mequon, Wisconsin
- Karla Sprague, adviser, Har-Ber High School, Springdale, Arkansas
- Maddy Stout, Editor-in-chief, Har-Ber High School, Springdale, Arkansas
- Scott Collins, adviser, University Prep High School, Seattle, Washington
After these advisers and yearbook staff members shared their ideas, Jordan gave the audience the ability to share their stories. He also took questions. This webinar was recorded, and a replay can be obtained at walsworthyearbooks.com/webinars. While on that page, you can also check out Walsworth’s other webinars and register for upcoming sessions we have.