Photo by: Adriance Rhoades
Walsworth’s 2016 Photo Contest is almost here
Written by Evan Blackwell, CJE
In less than three weeks, the Walsworth Yearbooks 2016 Photo Contest will be underway and once again this year photogs will have the chance to win valuable prizes.
The 2016 Photo Contest will begin on March 9, and run through April 8.
Entering in this year’s Photo Contest will earn the chance to win one of eight $100 Visa gift cards and a pizza party for the yearbook staff. Photographers can enter up to five photos.
Prizes will be awarded in eight categories:
- Sports Action – Capture athletes in action and the spirit of competition.
- Student Life – We want to see who students really are – who that person is, what they do and why.
- Academics – Show us learning in progress.
- Club or Organizations/Community Service – Clubs and organizations allow groups to shape each individual as well as the community. Show us how.
- Feature/Portrait – Reveal who a person is by showing what they are feeling or a bit of their personality using the face and emotion as the focus.
- Photo Illustration – Show us a photo that has been modified, manipulated or otherwise features special effects that were created to tell a story.
- School Spirit – We want to see the meaning of school pride displayed on the sidelines, in the stands, at practice – by anyone not competing in an athletic event.
- Junior High/Middle School – We’re looking for the best junior high/middle school photo regardless of category. Photo must be taken by a junior high or middle school student.
Winners will be chosen by a panel of expert judges and will be selected based on the quality of photo, appropriateness to category, photography rules followed and creativity demonstrated. The contest is open to all schools across the U.S. and Canada. Must be 13 years or older to enter. Photos must be taken by a student attending a senior, junior high, middle school or college within the U.S. and Canada. Junior high or middle school yearbook advisers may enter a student’s photo on their behalf.
Beginning on March 9, entries will be accepted on the Walsworth Yearbooks Facebook page at facebook.com/yearbooks. Good luck!