Photo by: Alana Teas
Get your staff into National News Engagement Day!
Written by Evan Blackwell, CJE
We hope everyone is having a wonderful National Yearbook Week, and celebrating all things yearbook!
Today is National News Engagement Day, and teaching your staff to make it a priority to get informed and stay involved with the news is the perfect lesson for today. For young, aspiring journalists, it’s imperative.
There are a number of ways you can get involved today:
- Make a point to bring some newspapers into the yearbook room so the staff can share them.
- Visit a variety of online news sites with the staff to see what is happening around the world today.
- Discuss current events going on in your area, or important national events like the presidential election.
- Have the staff take a current events quiz to see how informed they are about the news.
- Discuss the role of the press and the First Amendment.
Get involved on National News Engagement Day, and enjoy the rest of National Yearbook Week!