Coming Soon: Possibilities Photo Contest for National Yearbook Week
Written by Jenica Hallman, CJE
Yearbookers know there’s nothing like seeing your baby, a.k.a. the yearbook, in print for the first time. You poured the best of yourself into that yearbook, and knowing the whole school is going to get to see it – what could be better?
Now imagine it’s not just your school seeing your work but thousands of schools all across the country being inspired by you. Yes, you! That will be reality for the winner of Walsworth’s Possibilities Photo Contest we are hosting during National Yearbook Week, Oct. 4-8! And … yes, there’s more … we’re also awarding a $500 Visa® gift card to the grand prize winner! There’s also a $250 Visa® gift card for 2nd place and a $100 Visa® gift card for 3rd place.
Walsworth has already produced eight volumes of Possibilities, our 352-page inspiration powerhouse publication showcasing the best of the best in student journalism.
We’re working on Volume 9 as you read, and we are searching the nation for an outstanding student-produced cover photo to use on the cover of Volume 9. Since you’re taking the time to read this, you get to hear about it first!
You’ll hear more about this over the next few weeks, but in case you want to plan now, here’s what you need to know:
- We’re looking for high resolution, vertical photos with a sharp subject in the foreground and preferably a dark, minimalist background.
- The photo should show what it means to be a student at your school and/or illustrate a student’s personality and passion.
- We’re looking for creativity, originality and an ability to incorporate the basic rules of photography.
- Entries will be accepted Oct. 4-8, and each person can enter up to five photos.
- Winners will be notified the week of Oct. 11.
Think you’ve got what it takes? Give us your best shot! Find out more at walsworthyearbooks.com/possibilitiesphotocontest.