Celebrate Scholastic Journalism Week 2018 with a different theme each day
Written by Evan Blackwell, CJE
One of our favorite weeks of the year has arrived here in the Yearbooks Blog!
We don’t get quite as excited as we do for National Yearbook Week in October, but it’s close. Scholastic Journalism Week is here!
Every year, the Journalism Education Association (JEA) recognizes the great work done by student journalists and educators during a week of celebration in February.
This year’s Scholastic Journalism Week theme is “Student Voice, Student Choice,” and publication staffs are encouraged to share and celebrate on social media using the hashtags #SJW2018 and #studentvoice.
Each day this week will carry a different theme:
- Monday, Feb. 19 – #PressOn – We use our voices to keep a duty to the truth.
- Tuesday, Feb. 20 – #MakeaDifference – We use our voices to be agents of change. Highlighting fearless coverage.
- Wednesday, Feb 21 – #WorkHappyWednesday – We use our voices to lead. Highlighting the JEA book “Work Happy.”
- Thursday, Feb 22 – #NewVoices – We use our voices to support each other. Standing in solidarity with states fighting for student press freedom legislation.
- Friday, Feb 23 – #FirstAmendment – We use our voices to protect the First Amendment.
You can learn more about Scholastic Journalism Week, including details about JEA’s Essay Contest, which runs through the end of this week, by visiting the Scholastic Journalism Week page at the JEA website.
Leave a Reply