Give it your best shot in Walsworth’s 2015 Photo Contest
Written by Evan Blackwell, CJE
The Walsworth Yearbooks 2015 Photo Contest is here!
From March 11 – April 15, students can enter up to five photos in the contest for a chance to win one of eight $100 Visa gift cards and a pizza party for their school’s yearbook staff.
The Photo Contest is open to all schools across the U.S. and Canada. Students must be 13 years or older and in grades 6-12 to enter. You can enter up to five photos in the contest on Facebook at facebook.com/yearbooks by clicking on the 2015 Photo Contest tab under our cover image.
Prizes will be awarded to one photographer in each of the eight categories, and students can enter up to five photos total.
Photo Contest Categories:
- Sports Action – Capture athletes in action and the spirit of competition.
- Student Life – We want to see who students really are – who that person is, what they do and why.
- Academics – Show us learning in progress.
- Club or Organization/Community Service – Clubs and organizations allow groups to shape each individual as well as the community. Show us how.
- Feature/Portrait – Reveal who a person is by showing what they are feeling or a bit of their personality using the face and emotion as the focus.
- Photo Illustration – Show us a photo that has been modified, manipulated or otherwise featuring special effects that were created to tell a story.
- School Spirit – We want to see the meaning of school pride displayed on the sidelines, in the stands, at practice – by anyone not competing in an athletic event.
- Junior High/Middle School – We’re looking for the best junior high/middle school photo regardless of category. Photo must be taken by a junior high or middle school student.
Winners will be chosen by a panel of expert judges and will be selected based on the quality of photo, appropriateness to category, photography rules followed, and creativity demonstrated.