Yearbook advisers have valuable training opportunity this summer at Adviser Academy
Written by Evan Blackwell, CJE
Walsworth’s Adviser Academy in Kansas City will once again offer three full days of classes for brand new or experienced yearbook advisers, July 8-10.
This year’s setting will be the InterContinental Hotel, located on Kansas City’s picturesque Country Club Plaza. The Adviser Academy gives yearbook instructors the opportunity to learn, network with other advisers and prepare for the upcoming school year without the distraction of students.
For new advisers
Adviser Academy has classes designed especially for new yearbook advisers on July 8-10, along with the option to tour Walsworth’s printing facilities or attend advanced tech training on July 11.
New yearbook advisers will have the opportunity to:
- Get tips and advice to specifically help with the first year
- Learn the basics of design, photography, coverage and theme
- Discover strategies for managing and training the yearbook staff
For experienced advisers
Experienced yearbook advisers will also have the chance to select classes to work best for them at Adviser Academy, including:
- How to carry a theme throughout the yearbook
- Elements of good yearbook design and how to teach it
- How to take great yearbook photos
- Management tips, such as organizing digital files, creating a deadline calendar and grading
Experienced advisers will also have the opportunity to visit Walsworth’s printing facilities or attend additional tech training on July 11.
All Academy attendees are invited to be our guest at a Welcome Reception where you will meet Don Walsworth, our president. Meet and brainstorm with advisers from across the country and leave with the support of an entire network and amazing resources.
Plus, the evenings give you a chance to explore Kansas City. You’ll be surrounded by the beautiful Plaza with architecture inspired by Seville, Spain, and giving rise to Kansas City’s nickname “The City of Fountains.”
For more information, please visit walsworthyearbooks.com/adviseracademy.