Walsworth’s 2022 Photo Contest Running Full Steam Ahead
Written by Alec Aguirre
Yearbook photographers across the country currently have their chance to win one of eight $150 Visa gift cards (and bragging rights!).
That’s because Walsworth’s 2022 Photo Contest is up and running, continuing until Friday, April 1. So don’t forget to enter!
Photographers are competing in eight categories. Entries into this year’s contest can be uploaded at walsworthyearbooks.com/photocontest.
- Academics – In-school, virtual or hybrid, show us learning in progress.
- Feature/Portrait – Show what a person is feeling or a bit of their personality using their face and emotion as the focus.
- Junior High/Middle School – We’re looking for the best photos of any genre taken by a junior high or middle school student.
- Life during the Pandemic– As the pandemic continues to unfold, unique photo opportunities present themselves. Show us what life during the pandemic has been like for students at your school.
- Performing Arts – Music, dance, drama and more! Capture the vibrant spirit and creativity of performing arts at your school.
- School and Community Involvement – Show us how your students are involved in the community through clubs, organizations or activities by capturing what they do and why.
- Sports Action & Reaction – Capture athletes in action or focus on the fans or athletes’ reaction to an emotional moment. We want to see great action shots and school pride on the sidelines, in the stands, at practice and on the field.
- Yearbook Life – Show us yearbookers in action. Staffers doing the everyday duties of yearbook life inside and outside of the classroom – interviews in progress, photographers taking pictures, advisers teaching and even what’s happening on deadline days!
A panel of experts will judge all entries, and winners and honorable mentions will be chosen based on the basic rules of photography, overall quality and creativity/originality.
Winners in this year’s contest will be notified by April 29, 2022.
Comments are closed.