Walsworth’s 2017 Photo Contest just around the corner
Written by Evan Blackwell, CJE
March means many things – spring break for many schools, St. Patrick’s Day, college basketball. For Walsworth Yearbooks, it means Photo Contest!
Our 2017 Photo Contest will be here before you know it. This year’s Contest begins one week from today on Monday, March 13, running through Friday, April 14.
Photographers will have the chance to win one of nine $100 Visa® gift cards by entering and competing in the following categories:
- Sports Action – Capture athletes in action and the spirit of competition.
- Student Life – We want to see who students really are – who that person is, what they do and why.
- Academics – Show us learning in progress.
- Club or Organization/Community Service – Clubs and organizations allow groups to shape each individual, as well as the community. Show us how.
- Feature/Portrait – Discover who a person is by showing what they are feeling or a bit of their personality by using the face and emotion as the focus.
- Photo Illustration – A photo that has been modified, manipulated or otherwise featuring special effects that was created to tell a story.
- School Spirit – We want to see the meaning of school pride displayed on the sidelines, in the stands, at practice – by anyone not competing in an athletic event.
- Junior High/Middle School – We’re looking for the best junior high/middle school photo regardless of category. Photo must be taken by a junior high or middle school student.
- College/University – We’re looking for the best College/University photo regardless of category. Photo must be taken by a College or University student.
One winner and honorable mentions will be selected in each category. Any student who receives honorable mentions in more than one category could also be eligible to receive a Portfolio award.
Entries into this year’s contest can be uploaded on our 2017 Photo Contest page at walsworthyearbooks.com, when it goes live on March 13.
Winners in this year’s contest will be notified by May 1.