September 25, 2012 / News / Yearbook Tips

Walsworth Yearbooks to offer day of writing help on Oct. 9

Written by Evan Blackwell, CJE

Has your yearbook staff been looking for a little coaching on their headlines, captions or body copy? Maybe you’re working on a great story, but you’re struggling with the lead. If the answer is yes, help is on the way!

As part of its upcoming National Yearbook Week celebration, Walsworth Yearbooks will be spending the entire day on Tuesday, Oct. 9, offering free writing advice to any yearbook staff looking for a little help.

Get Your Copy Right Day will be just one part of Walsworth’s week-long schedule of online events surrounding National Yearbook Week, from Oct. 4-11.

25 Responses to “Walsworth Yearbooks to offer day of writing help on Oct. 9”

October 04, 2012 at 8:15 am, Jessica said:

We would love to have a session on Oct. 9th at 2:00 p.m. EST

Thanks!

October 04, 2012 at 8:29 am, Shawnteria said:

I would love to have a session any day of the week starting at 11:00 a.m. Thanks!

October 04, 2012 at 1:30 pm, Robin said:

I too would love to have my students have a 20 minute session on writing short stories and captions that are effective!

October 04, 2012 at 4:05 pm, Allie said:

My middle school staff could definitely use some help with writing. Our class meets from 11-12.

October 05, 2012 at 10:47 am, Melinda said:

My kids struggle with coming up with catchy headlines. It’s my first year here, but I can tell they also need help with making copy writing effective and succint at the same time. Our class meets from 9:46 to 10:30 a.m. (central time). Thank you!

Comments are closed.

Evan Blackwell, CJE
Evan Blackwell, CJE

Evan Blackwell, CJE, is a Marketing Automation Specialist for Walsworth. He's been a writer, editor and web content specialist for Walsworth Yearbooks for the past 14 years, and is the author of the Yearbook Suite's "The Art of the Interview" unit. Prior to joining Walsworth, Blackwell spent five years as an award-winning newspaper and magazine journalist. He holds a bachelor’s degree in journalism from the University of Kansas.