Walsworth offering prizes, advice and fun at upcoming JEA/NSPA convention
Written by Marketing Staff
Kansas City, Mo. (Oct. 27, 2011) – Walsworth Publishing will be showing yearbook staffs how to Think Big about yearbook at the upcoming JEA/NSPA Fall National High School Journalism Convention, Nov. 17-20 in Minneapolis.
A little bit of everything – prizes, advice, interactive displays and fun – will all be available in the Walsworth booth on the exhibit floor. The highlights include:
- As part of Walsworth’s yearlong Big Event promotion, visitors will be able to enter drawings for prizes that include an iPad 2 and the use of a limo for the yearbook staff on the Friday night of the convention.
- Mike Taylor, Walsworth’s new Journalism Specialist, will be on hand to answer questions and provide advice for staffs.
- Staffs can get a fun group photo taken with Mr. Chill, the Walsworth snowman, or play Whamboozal, Walsworth’s interactive journalism trivia game.
- QR codes will be placed on banners throughout the booth, allowing visitors with smartphones to scan and access promotional and educational content on a variety of yearbook topics.
- Get ideas by browsing through hundreds of yearbooks and watching videos/viewing images on new kiosks placed throughout the booth.
In addition, Walsworth will once again be sponsoring the convention’s computer lab, which will host many of the technology sessions on the program. Plus, on Saturday evening Walsworth will once again host its Adviser Appreciation Dinner to honor the dedication and hard work that yearbook advisers show throughout the year.
Coverage of the activity taking place at the Walsworth booth and all over the convention will be found during convention week both in News & Notes and The Yearbooks Blog area of walsworthyearbooks.com.
Comments are closed.