Photo by: Chloe Duxbury
Walsworth launches updated online home for new yearbook advisers
Written by Evan Blackwell, CJE
No yearbook company offers better support for new yearbook advisers than Walsworth Yearbooks. Walsworth is the place for new advisers, and providing everything those advisers need to be successful is our priority.
That’s why we have designed a new, expanded New Advisers page on walsworthyearbooks.com. The updated online home for new advisers is rich with content and will be updated regularly so the information is always relevant and timely.
Take a tour around the page:
Subscribe to Timely Tips
Walsworth’s monthly email series geared specifically toward new yearbook advisers, Timely Tips provides quick, helpful bits of advice that make sense for the time of year. And advisers visiting the New Advisers page will find a button right in the banner at the top that allows them to quickly sign up to receive the Timely Tips.
Each Timely Tips email includes a section called “Timely Tasks” that lists reminders advisers should be aware of for that month. The Timely Tips emails are available only to subscribers.
All the resources needed
As you scroll down the page, you will next find the Helpful Resources section. All the programs and products Walsworth has created to help new yearbook advisers thrive in those first couple years on the job are here, just one click away.
Take a look at everything you get:
- Adviser Mentor Program – Walsworth’s Adviser Mentor Program matches yearbook rookies with experienced advisers in order to gain support, wisdom and camaraderie.
- eBooks – Download one of Walsworth’s free eBooks, covering a wide variety of yearbook topics.
- Curriculum – Our Yearbook Suite curriculum will help you get your yearbook classroom in order, specifically the “New Advisers Field Guide” unit.
- Webinars – Watch a live or recorded webinar on a yearbook topic, taught by a yearbook expert.
- Design Showcase – Brainstorm for ideas and find inspiration on covers, themes and spreads in our Design Showcase galleries.
- Marketing help – See how you can improve the sales and promotion of your yearbook using the ideas and materials Walsworth provides.
- PEP – By enrolling in our Parent Email Program (PEP), your parents will get reminders to buy the yearbook.
- Yearbook Help – Instructions for using Online Design, InDesign and everything else yearbook can be found at Walsworth’s help site, yearbookhelp.com.
This month’s marquee
Below resources, users find a rotating carousel that will be updated monthly, displaying current webinars, eBooks and other timely content.
With spring approaching, content in the carousel is currently focused on the upcoming summer workshop season and the recently named award-winning yearbooks in Walsworth’s President’s Collection gallery. In late summer and early fall months, the carousel will likely focus on covers, themes and back-to-school topics.
What do you need help with?
Over the course of a school year, particular topics always seem to come to the forefront at certain times. For example, during the second half of the school year, advisers and staffs often seek information on recruiting, or how to prepare an organized distribution day.
The “I need help with…” section provides quick links to helpful posts on walsworthyearbooks.com and yearbookhelp.com, including instructions for working with Online Design and InDesign.
Sign up for more
At the bottom, you’ll find another form – this one allowing you to subscribe to the Walsworth Yearbooks Blog. The Blog updates a couple times a week with new content covering photography, coverage, staff management and much more. And you can receive it all in your email inbox.
Don’t wait. New yearbook advisers should visit our New Advisers page today, and start to explore all the online resources that will help make their job easier and their yearbook better.
Comments are closed.