Time is running out on the 2017 Walsworth Yearbooks Photo Contest
Written by Evan Blackwell, CJE
Here’s a reminder: this year’s Walsworth Yearbooks Photo Contest ends on Friday night at 11:59 Central time. So there’s still time for students to submit their best shots for a chance to win one of nine $100 Visa gift cards.
Students can enter at walsworthyearbooks.com/photocontest or on Facebook at facebook.com/yearbooks. Prizes will be awarded to one photographer in each of the nine categories and students can enter up to five photos total.
Don’t forget! College/University is a brand new category this year. We’re looking for the best photo taken by a college student. Here are all the categories:
- Sports Action – Capture athletes in action and the spirit of competition.
- Student Life – We want to see who students really are – who that person is, what they do and why.
- Academics – Show us learning in progress.
- Club or Organization/Community Service – Clubs and organizations allow groups to shape each individual as well as the community. Show us how.
- Feature/Portrait – Reveal who a person is by showing what they are feeling or a bit of their personality using the face and emotion as the focus.
- Photo Illustration – Show us a photo that has been modified, manipulated or otherwise featuring special effects that were created to tell a story.
- School Spirit – We want to see the meaning of school pride displayed on the sidelines, in the stands, at practice – by anyone not competing in an athletic event.
- Junior High/Middle School – We’re looking for the best junior high/middle school photo regardless of category. Photo must be taken by a junior high or middle school student.
- College/University – We’re looking for the best College/University photo regardless of category. Photo must be taken by a college or university student.
You can read the complete contest rules by visiting walsworthyearbooks.com/contests. Good luck!