Yearbook staffs view the index like the mom with four children contemplates her youngest child’s baby book. Ideas for what to put in it are few, and time is limited. Because yearbook staffs wait until the last deadline to think about the index, the section is often only a boring gray list that students open simply to find their own names. But the index can be a section in itself, an archive with sidebars, group shots and group coverage. Assign a staff member to the index and let them use one of these five simple ideas to give it a little flair.
Now Trending: 2024 Yearbook TrendsFeatured post
You Might Also Enjoy
- Celebrate National Yearbook Week with Walsworth’s Social Media Scavenger Hunt!
- Editors Corner: Stepping Up to Fill a Void
- Let the Pictures Tell the Story: The Power of Storytelling in Your Yearbook
- Advisers Supporting Student Journalists: Opportunities to bolster skills and get recognized for outstanding work
- 10 Common Challenges Advisers Face & How to Overcome Them
- Inspiring Creativity in Middle School Students
- It’s Time to Elevate Your Sports Writing