John Hersey was one of the first journalists on the scene on Aug. 6, 1945, after the Americans dropped an atom bomb on the city of Hiroshima. He took a catastrophic event and described it through the emotional stories of six people who had been in the city: a minister, two physicians, a widow, a young factory worker and a Catholic priest. At that moment, he contributed significantly to the world history everyone studies today.
Now Trending: 2024 Yearbook TrendsFeatured post
You Might Also Enjoy
- Fourteen Walsworth Schools Recognized in Quill & Scroll Yearbook Excellence Contests
- Staff Snap. Share More Great Photos in Fewer Steps
- Breaking Boundaries: Brandi Benson’s Inclusive Yearbook Program
- 18 Walsworth Yearbooks Schools Receive Best of Show honors at the NSPA 2023 Fall Recipient
- Congratulations to the Fall 2023 National Student Media Contest Winners!
- Yearbook Adviser of Note: Meet Brit Taylor
- And Your 2023 Social Media Scavenger Hunt Winners Are…