Seven yearbooks named as ACP Pacemakers
Written by Marketing Staff
Kansas City, Mo. (Nov. 2, 2009) – Seven colleges and universities were awarded with 2008 Pacemakers by the Associated Collegiate Press (ACP) at the organization’s fall National College Media Convention.
The 2008 ACP Pacemaker winners included:
- Razorback, University of Arkansas
- Illio, University of Illinois
- Royal Purple, Kansas State University
- Talisman, Western Kentucky University
- Agromeck, North Carolina State University
- Aggieland, Texas A&M University
- Selah, Liberty University
Fifteen schools were named as Pacemaker Finalists in February, including two Walsworth customers — California Baptist University in Riverside, Calif., and Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.
The Pacemaker and Pacemaker Finalist awards are one of the highest national honors in collegiate journalism. The winners were announced during the convention, which took place Oct. 28 through Nov. 1 in Austin, Texas.
According to the ACP, the 2008 yearbook Pacemaker contest saw an increase in the number of entries. Judges looked for a number of factors, including excellent photography, complete coverage, innovative design and exemplary copy.
Comments are closed.