Are you a new yearbook adviser? Find all the resources you need in one spot
Written by Evan Blackwell, CJE
Walsworth Yearbooks knows how tricky that first year can be for new yearbook advisers. There’s a lot to learn, and life comes at you fast with all the pressures of creating a book and managing staff while facing deadlines.
Fortunately, we’re here to help with a ton of resources specifically for new yearbook advisers in their first or second year, and we’ve collected them in one spot on our website – on our New Advisers page.
So what do you get at the New Advisers page? You get quick access to all of this:
- eBooks – Get great yearbook tips and guidance by downloading one of our eBooks. Be sure to take a look at Mike Taylor’s Back-to-school Checklist for New Advisers.
- Webinars – Attend one of our monthly webinars on a timely topic during the school year, each hosted by yearbook experts. If you miss one, watch a replay!
- New Advisers Field Guide – Our Yearbook Suite curriculum provides you the structure to teach all aspects of yearbook. The New Advisers Field Guide to Yearbook unit specifically explains everything first-year advisers need to know.
- Adviser Mentor Program – Looking for advice from someone who has been there before? Our Mentor Program can match you up with an experienced adviser in your area who can offer support and wisdom.
- PEP – You can add some PEP to your yearbook marketing by signing up for our Parent Email Program. Remind your parents to buy the yearbook and watch your sales get a boost.
- Design Showcase – When you need design ideas, look no further than the Design Showcase galleries. Covers, themes, great spreads – get inspiration for them all.
- Yearbook Help – Our exclusive help site, yearbookhelp.com, can be accessed using your Members Only username and password. Articles and videos on everything from crafting a theme to working with InDesign or Online Design are here to guide you.
- Marketing Your Book – Everything you need to market and promote your yearbook can be found in this section. Promotional materials for students and parents, sales order forms and much more is all here.
Bookmark the New Advisers page today and refer back to it throughout the year!