Reinvent your signing day with Yearbook Shout
Written by Evan Blackwell, CJE
The yearbook signing party has always been one of the most valuable parts of the yearbook experience. Now that experience just got even better.
Walsworth’s exclusive new mobile app, Yearbook Shout, gives students and parents the ability to leave video signatures, or “Shouts,” in the yearbook right next to their written signatures.
“Yearbook signing day has always been a long-standing tradition and is part of what makes a yearbook such a precious keepsake,” said Don Walsworth, president of Walsworth. “Yearbook Shout makes that experience even more relevant for today’s students.”
Using Yearbook Shout is easy. Here’s how it works.
- For schools participating, yearbook purchasers receive a sticker sheet of Yearbook Shout codes unique to their yearbook.
- You scan one of the codes using the exclusive Yearbook Shout app powered by stkr.it.
- Follow the step-by-step process to record a personal video shout.
- When you sign a friend’s yearbook, include the sticker code with the video message.
Imagine the excitement Yearbook Shout will generate among your students! And consider all the creative ways they will use it.
- The basketball team can record a tribute to a departing senior player.
- Band or choir members can record a song.
- Friends can record a shout at memorable, iconic school locations.
- Best friends will be able to remember how they look and act today!
And all of that will raise excitement about the yearbook and help increase yearbook sales. Now is the time to start the marketing campaigns around Yearbook Shout and the reinvention of the yearbook signing party.
Take a look at what Yearbook Shout can do in the examples above. Download the Yearbook Shout app from the App Store or Google Play, and scan the sticker codes to view the shouts!