New Yearbook Suite curriculum gets yearbook staffers thinking, creating
Written by Evan Blackwell, CJE
The world of yearbooks constantly evolves, and yearbook advisers need fresh teaching materials to keep up with the changing landscape.
Walsworth Yearbooks is meeting those demands with a new version of its Yearbook Suite curriculum, just in time for the 2014-15 school year.
The updated Yearbook Suite engages yearbook students with collaborative learning activities, split into 11 units written by subject-matter experts. Those units cover everything from design, writing and photography to coverage and marketing.
- Student workbooks for the 11 units are at the heart of Yearbook Suite. Each unit includes short lessons that go straight into activities that get students thinking and creating.
- The Adviser Edition of Yearbook Suite includes additional instruction tips and the list of Common Core State Standards met in each unit.
Yearbook Suite is available the way you want it – printed books, PDFs, mobile app or simply viewed over the web.
- Printed student workbooks of individual units, or the Adviser Edition binder, can be ordered by visiting walsworthyearbooks.com/yearbooksuite.
- Walsworth customers can download PDFs of Yearbook Suite units by visiting Support Download within Members Only.
- The free Yearbook Suite app is available for iPads and Android tablets, and can be downloaded from the App Store and Google Play. The first units are available within the app now, and more will be added soon.
- Links to webview versions of the units are available at walsworthyearbooks.com/yearbooksuite for you to open in a browser.