Make it a fabulous fall with the fall 2017 issue of Idea File magazine
Written by Evan Blackwell, CJE
With the school year well underway, your yearbook staff needs strategies and inspiration to make this fall productive and… fabulous.
Lucky for you, the fall 2017 issue of Idea File magazine is here to provide the help you need. Take a look at the entire issue in our Idea File gallery. Be sure to check out these highlights:
- Have you assigned beats yet? See how the staff at Haltom High School does it with a fantasy football-style draft day.
- Struggling to figure out how to make your academics coverage more engaging? Walsworth’s Mike Taylor, CJE, has some ideas in his latest “Ask Mike” column.
- Looking for a system that will help your staff photographers improve? In this issue’s “Picture This” column, Blue Valley Northwest High School yearbook adviser Jim McCrossen will show you how you can do just that with internal critiques.
- First deadline will be here before you realize it. Ensure you don’t miss it by following the tips provided by veteran advisers in a feature about successfully meeting your deadlines.
- “There’s no quitting in yearbook.” Read the “Editor-in-chief’s Corner” column and the Editor’s Note, then share with us an instance where your staff never gave up this year.
- As always, you can find design and coverage ideas in our Caught Our Eye gallery, updated with a new batch of 2017 yearbooks selected by Brad Cook, yearbook adviser from Gresham High School.
All this and much more in the fall 2017 Idea File magazine will make it a fabulous fall!