In Step with InDesign: Being consistent with styles
Written by Amy Spears
An easy way to keep copy consistent throughout the yearbook is to use paragraph styles.
Paragraph Styles is a tool that enables you to format a complicated document in a few quick and easy steps.
1. Place the copy to be formatted into an InDesign file.
2. Go to Type > Paragraph Styles. Click on the down arrow to open the full drop-down menu.
3. Click on New Paragraph Style in the drop-down menu to open the full palette.
4. Name the paragraph style. Do this by double-clicking the style name in the Paragraph Style palette.
5. Make modifications to the style by clicking through the menu on the left. When you are finished, click OK, and the new style will appear in the Paragraph Styles box.
6. Apply the new paragraph style by highlighting the paragraph and selecting the style that you have created.
Paragraph Styles can also be uploaded from other InDesign files. In the Paragraph Styles palette, click the down arrow to open the full drop-down menu. Click on Load Paragraph Styles.
Comments are closed.