How do you do that? – Brush up on brushes
Written by Marketing Staff
You can make a Photoshop brush from any photo. In this case, a brush was created from typical portrait photo to highlight and accent the photo. Consider using this effect on photos used with student spotlight-type articles and sidebars, then think of other ways to use it to highlight images.
1. Start with any image. The photo can be in CMYK or Grayscale.
2. From the Edit menu, select Define Brush Preset.
3. Name the new brush. Click OK. The brush will be added to your brush palette.
4. Open a new file. Using the Brush tool, select the new brush from the palette.
5. By changing the color, size and opacity of the brush, you can now duplicate your original image with just the click of your Paint Brush tool.