Go viral with Walsworth’s 2012 Yearbook Video Contest!
Written by Evan Blackwell, CJE
Has your yearbook staff ever created a hilarious video promoting your book? Been looking for the right motivation to make a video? For the next two months, Walsworth wants your yearbook videos!
From Oct. 1 to Nov. 19, Walsworth is running its 2012 Video Contest and giving away four $250 Yearbook Room Makeovers.
- Dates: Oct. 1 – Nov. 19
- The prize is a $250 Yearbook Room Makeover for each of the four winners.
- You can enter the contest by visiting walsworthyearbooks.com/videocontest, filling out the form and uploading your yearbook video.
- The best videos, as chosen by Walsworth, will appear on the Walsworth Yearbooks Facebook page for voting.
- Winners will be selected by a committee of judges based on the following criteria: message and appropriateness to theme, creativity, entertainment value, viral nature as determined by the number of video Likes on Facebook, and technical prowess. The top four videos win!
- All schools across the U.S. are eligible to enter a video. Must be 13 years or older to participate. For complete rules, go to walsworthyearbooks.com/videocontest.
So what should your yearbook video be about? Well, that’s up to you. But here are some tips to help you get started:
- Spoof a popular commercial
- Play off viral videos or movies everyone knows
- Create your own yearbook music video
- Make fun of something you see happening at your school, on social media, or any other pop culture trend
- Come up with something completely new and original!
Consider things like:
- Why yearbooks are important
- Tell people why YOU bought a yearbook… and why they should, too!
- Tell them where they can buy a yearbook
It’s just that easy. What are you waiting for? Enter the contest and submit your yearbook video today!
Keep checking back frequently here in the Yearbooks Blog and the Walsworth Yearbooks Facebook page for updates on the contest.