Five schools claim prizes in Yearbook Week Marketing Contest
Written by Evan Blackwell, CJE
The yearbook staffs from five schools were named winners in Walsworth’s National Yearbook Week Marketing Contest.
Schools were allowed to submit entries to the Marketing Contest on Walsworth’s Facebook page throughout National Yearbook Week, from Oct. 5-9, with photos and descriptions of their marketing tactics.
The five winners are:
- Shawnee High School in Lima, Ohio, which submitted entries that included a float in this year’s homecoming parade and a prom prize package drawing that is open to any juniors and seniors who buy a yearbook
- Creekside Middle School in Carmel, Indiana, which held a raffle for a pizza party and gift cards during National Yearbook Week, which were promoted during the morning announcements
- Blue Springs High School in Blue Springs, Missouri, which is creating a cover design for its 2016 yearbook that will include 250 student names, and each student who buys a yearbook gets their name placed into a drawing to be on the cover
- River Ridge High School in New Port Richey, Florida, which has created a series of yearbook videos and photos on their social media sites parodying popular viral videos and memes.
- Berry College in Mt. Berry, Georgia, which filmed a fun Billy Mays-style infomercial about the yearbook, in which the yearbook is transformed into a Snuggie
All five staffs won $100 Visa gift cards.