Eight Walsworth yearbook schools among the 2010 Newspaper Pacemaker winners
Written by Idea File Staff
Kansas City, Mo. (Nov. 16, 2010) – The National Scholastic Press Association (NSPA) named 22 high school newspapers as 2010 Pacemaker winners at the Fall National High School Journalism Convention this past weekend in Kansas City.
Each year, the Pacemaker award is considered one of scholastic journalism’s highest national honors. Of the 22 schools to achieve the honor, eight of them were Walsworth yearbook schools in 2010.
The Walsworth schools included:
- Omaha Westside, Omaha, Neb.
- Shawnee Mission East High School, Prairie Village, Kan.
- Coral Glades High School, Coral Springs, Fla.
- Redwood High School, Larkspur, Calif.
- Texas High School, Texarkana, Texas
- Burges High School, El Paso, Texas
- Rocky Mountain High School, Fort Collins, Colo.
- Lyons Township High School, La Grange, Ill.
Seven additional Walsworth schools had newspapers that were selected as Pacemaker Finalists, including:
- Thousand Oaks High School, Thousand Oaks, Calif.
- Grace King High School, Metairie, La.
- Oxford High School, Oxford, Miss.
- First Flight High School, Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
- Henry W. Grady High School, Atlanta, Ga.
- Blue Valley High School, Stilwell, Kan.
- Montgomery Blair High School, Silver Spring, Md.
Comments are closed.