Eight 2015 Walsworth yearbooks honored with CSPA Gold and Silver Crowns
Written by Evan Blackwell, CJE
Five 2015 yearbooks printed by Walsworth Yearbooks received Gold Crowns from the Columbia Scholastic Press Association (CSPA) today, with three 2015 Walsworth books earning Silver Crowns.
The 2015 high school and middle school Gold and Silver Crown winners were named during the closing session at CSPA’s annual Spring Scholastic Convention at Columbia University in New York City. College Crown winners were named earlier in the week. CSPA originally named the Crown Finalists in December.
The 2015 Walsworth yearbooks named Gold Crowns were:
- The Tower, Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, California
- Lair, Shawnee Mission Northwest High School, Shawnee, Kansas
- Legend, Boone High School, Orlando, Florida
- Pride, Franklin High School, El Paso, Texas
- Wings, Arrowhead Christian Academy, Redlands, California
The 2015 Walsworth yearbooks named Silver Crowns were:
- Munhintou, Gresham High School, Gresham, Oregon
- The Raider, Gulliver Preparatory School, Miami, Florida
- The Scrapbook, Westfield Middle School, Westfield, Indiana
Two additional 2015 yearbooks – Hauberk from Shawnee Mission East High School in Prairie Village, Kansas, was named a Silver Crown and Indian from Shawnee Mission North High School in Overland Park, Kansas, received a Gold Crown. Both schools are Walsworth customers for 2016.
The Crown Awards, Gold and Silver, are among the nation’s highest awards for scholastic journalism. Both regular and associate members of CSPA participate in the awards, which honor overall excellence of the publication in concept, design, coverage and photography. The yearbooks are judged by a panel of journalism and journalism education professionals.