Snap to it! Enter Walsworth’s 2023 Photo Contest for a chance to win big!
Written by Alec Aguirre
Through the years, we have seen incredible pictures entered from yearbook photographers across the country. This year, we’re excited to announce the largest prizes ever, making this year our most memorable photo contest yet. There are now 10 categories, and the winner of each category will take home a $250 visa gift card!
The 2023 Photo Contest begins on Monday, Feb. 27 and runs until Friday, March 31. The 10 categories to compete in are detailed below.
- Academics – Show us learning in progress at your school.
- College and University – We want to see the best of any genre taken by a student at a college or university.
- Clubs and Student Life –Share the activities and moments that students experience throughout the school year.
- Feature/Portrait – Show what a person is feeling or a bit of their personality using their face and emotion as the focus.
- Junior High/Middle School – We’re looking for the best photos of any genre taken by a junior high or middle school student.
- Performing Arts – Music, dance, drama and more! Capture the vibrant creativity of performing arts at your school.
- Sports Action – Capture athletes in action. We want to see great action shots at practice or during the game/event.
- Sports Reaction – Focus on the fans or athletes’ reaction to an emotional moment in the game/event.
- School Spirit –Painted faces, crowd photos, pep rallies, show us how your students express their school spirit!
- Yearbook Life – Show us yearbookers in action. Staffers doing the everyday duties of yearbook life inside and outside of the classroom – interviews in progress, photographers taking pictures, advisers teaching and even what’s happening on deadline days!
Entries into this year’s contest can be uploaded at walsworthyearbooks.com/photocontest.
A panel of experts will judge all entries, and winners and honorable mentions will be chosen based on the basic rules of photography, overall quality and creativity/originality.
Winners in this year’s contest will be notified by April 30, 2023.
Comments are closed.