Kansas City, Mo. (Dec. 19, 2012) – Nine university yearbooks were announced as Collegiate Crown Award Finalists by the Columbia Scholastic Press Association this week.
The yearbooks selected as Collegiate Crown Finalists were:
- Agromeck, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, N.C.
- Arbutus, Indiana University, Bloomington, Ind.
- Bugle, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Va.
- Ibis, University of Miami, Coral Gables, Fla.
- Ouachitonian, Ouachita Baptist University, Arkadelphia, Ark.
- Red Cedar Log, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Mich.
- Sooner, University of Oklahoma, Norman, Okla.
- Talisman, Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, Ky.
- Tower, Northwest Missouri State University, Maryville, Mo.
The Crown Awards, Gold and Silver, are among the nation’s highest awards for collegiate journalism. Both regular and associate members of CSPA participate in the awards, which honor overall excellence of the publication in concept, design, coverage and photography. The yearbooks are judged by a panel of journalism and journalism education professionals.
Collegiate Crown Finalist yearbooks will receive either the Gold Crown or Silver Crown awards at the College Media Convention March 9-12 at the Sheraton in Manhattan.